For the Scones:
5 dl Flour
250 g Salted Butter
3 tbsp Granulated sugar
2 tspn Vanilla sugar
2 tspn Baking powder
2 tbsp Cinnamon
2 tbsp Ground Cardamom
5 – 6 Medjool Dates
1 1/2 tbspn Roasted Sesame Seeds
1 dl Full Milk
1 dl Whipping Cream
For the Tahini Cream:
3 tbsp Tahini Paste
5 tbsp Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 tbsp Peanut Butter
1 tbsp Muscovado Brown Sugar
1 tbsp Acacia Honey
1 tbsp Lindt Chocolate Powder
1 tspn Salt
- Bring a large bowl and mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Cut your butter into one inch cubes and add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix the butter with the dry ingredients until the dough is nice and crumbly.
- Whisk the egg in the milk and cream until all three are fully integrated.
- Add most of the liquid mix into the dry mix (leave behind an approximate one table spoon amount) and softly tuck it into the dry mixture. Try not to overmix the scones dough, it interferes with its texture towards the end and makes it less flaky and fluffy.
- Flatten the dough out into a thick layer, cover properly with plastic wrap, and place in the freezer for about twenty minutes. Not more.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- While the dough is in the freezer, bring out two smaller bowls. In one bowl, add the three table spoons of Tahini and mix with half a cup of water- if the Tahini is still dry, keep adding a little water at a time until the Tahini paste has the texture of smooth hummus.
- In the other bowl mix the cream cheese with the peanut butter until fully integrated.
- Mix the Tahini paste with the cream cheese/peanut butter mixture until fully integrated.
- Add the Muscovado, Acacia Honey, Lindt Chocolate Powder, and the Salt and mix well. Afterwards, cover with plastic wrap then place in the fridge.
- Bring out a baking pan and place a baking sheet on top of it.
- Start forming your Scone buns on the baking pan.
- Brush the scones with a little bit of the egg/cream/milk mixture that is left in the bowl then place in the oven for about 15 – 20 minutes or until the scones turn golden.
- In the meantime, bring out your Tahini Cream and fill a small bowl with rich date molasses.
- Once your scones are done, halve them open, spread some of the Tahini Cream, and drizzle some of the date Molasses on top! Enjoy a cup of Black Tea or a Turkish Coffee!